Standards Based Grammar is a daily grammar program that systematically teaches your students every grammar skill required at the third grade level. The purpose of Standards Based Grammar is to give the students the spoken and written rules of the English language in an easy, step-by-step program. It seeks to teach, assess, and add to prior knowledge.
Standards Based Grammar doesn’t just ask students to identify grammar errors. They learn grammar rules and apply them immediately into their writing. Furthermore, it provides the teacher the exact knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of each student and allows the teacher to communicate that information to the parents.
Standards Based Grammar shows your students how to become grammar experts. Not only will they be able to understand each grammar rule, they will be able to articulate the logic behind each rule. Best of all, it’s easy to teach and simple to administrate.
- Student Worksheets – Over a hundred worksheets provide practice for every standard required for your grade level. Each worksheet comes complete with lesson, examples, and student practice. Simply review the lessons (often, only minutes are needed), and you are ready to teach.
Click here to see a sample Worksheet
- Journal Prompts – If your students are not applying grammar rules into their writing, do they really understand the concept? These journal extensions give your students immediate practice as they apply each new grammar skill within an actual creative writing setting.
Click here to see a sample Journal Prompt
- Assessments – Each skill is assessed at the end of every unit. Use each test to assess your students' abilities. Then, use each assessment to form groups for re-teaching and review.
- Parent Checklists – There are plenty of worksheets to help students meet each grammar standard. Unfortunately, some concepts may be difficult for some students to learn. All teachers know that there is a point when you just have to move on to other topics. So what do we do with those students who are being left behind? As a parent, I would want to know if my child was having a hard time with certain concepts. The parent checklist provided after each test gives the parents a report about their child’s progress on each skill. Impress the parents of your students with detailed knowledge of their child's achievements, and give them the opportunity to work on skills as the class moves forward to new concepts.
Click here to see a sample Parent Checklist
- Student Checklists – Keep track of student progress over the course of the year. The two biggest advantages are: 1) Before state testing, use the student checklist to create review groups. Allow students to practice only the skills they need to prepare for state testing. 2) Give next year’s teacher a precise record of each student’s abilities. Your students' future teachers will be amazed at the thorough language preparation given to their new students.
Click here to see a partial Student Checklist
- Teacher Checklists – Worried about teaching every standard before state testing? This checklist reminds you what standards you’ve taught and what standards still need to be taught.
Click here to see a partial Teacher Checklist
- Table of Contents for Standards Based Grammar: Grade 3
Grade 3 Table of Contents – Pg. 1
Grade 3 Table of Contents – Pg. 2
As a complete grammar program, Standards Based Grammar’s value is second to none! Although this is a complete grammar program, it is so affordable that it can be purchased and used strictly as a supplement for your existing grammar program. We are confident that after using several of the worksheets you’ll be anxious to try the others. However, the versatility of the program allows you to:
- Use entire units or just use individual worksheets to supplement what you are already doing.
- Use the assessments to measure student growth.
- Use the worksheets to prepare for state testing.
- Use the checklists to keep track of your yearly pacing of grammar.
Many teachers have gone to teacher supply stores looking for grammar books because they need some worksheets to help their students with a certain skill. They spend $9.95 on a workbook and may use only three or four worksheets from it. Then they do it again for another skill, then another. Over the course of a few years, they’ve spent a small fortune just for a few worksheets that only cover a few skills.
With Standards Based Grammar you get almost TWO HUNDRED worksheets covering over twenty-five standards. You’ll never buy another supplement again.
Easy Lesson Plan:
Most elementary school teachers teach over thirty lessons a week. You DON’T need another subject that requires lesson planning. With Standards Based Grammar you have hundreds of lesson plans ready to go. Each worksheet has the skill and lesson at the top of the page. Most lessons require just a few minutes of review, and you’re ready to go. The lessons on each page also serve as an excellent review when students need to review certain skills.
Improved Test Scores:
Every worksheet in Standards Based Grammar has been tested in the classroom. The worksheets have been written and rewritten for maximum effectiveness. The advantage of Standards Based Grammar is unmistakable. Language scores improve with Standards Based Grammar. Several classrooms surveyed have shown growth in language tests scores of over 12%. Many students are receiving perfect scores in language. Even some Title 1 students are scoring in the seventieth and eightieth percentiles.
English Language Learners:
Clearly, beginning language learners need intensive practice with English to achieve the basics of the English language. Many English learners pick up just enough English to survive. Many teachers are tricked into believing that, just because the child can speak English, he/she does not need English language instruction. Most states require that students receive daily instruction in English until they achieve Fluent English Proficiency (FEP). While many English learners acquire enough English proficiency to achieve survival status, they become stuck below (FEP) because they can “get by” with their current English abilities.
Standards Based Grammar forces them to acquire a deeper understanding of the English language. Furthermore, Standards Based Grammar helps the teacher keep track of the skills they are learning. NO child sneaks through the year without the teacher being aware of his/her abilities. Classrooms with predominately ELL students have also shown dramatic results with students achieving FEP status on state tests.
What About My District’s Language Arts Program?
Many district language arts programs are one-size-fits-all programs. They combine reading, writing, grammar, language, and oral language skills into one program. In addition, they try to teach ELL, high functioning, middle functioning, and low functioning students all at once.
Using these programs, grammar is taught side-by-side with each reading unit. What if you don’t teach every story in your district’s reading program? What if you teach a grammar concept using the ONE worksheet they give you, and your students still need more practice? How do you know your students are mastering every grammar skill required on state tests? There is simply too much to monitor with these programs. Standards Based Grammar gives you confidence that every skill is being taught effectively. At the very least, you can use Standards Based Grammar along side your current language arts program to guarantee the success of your students.
|Order Now by clicking the image below and receive these Free Gifts:
and become THE language expert at your school!
- Over 200 worksheets
- 8 Assessments
- Over 100 journal prompts
- Teacher Checklists
- Parent Checklists
|Standards Based Grammar: Grade 3
Note: The eBook version may be purchased for $8.00 with the purchase of the soft cover edition (see below). Just click "Add eBook" during checkout.
Standards Based Grammar: Grade 3
Note: The eBook version may be purchased for $8.00 with the purchase of the soft cover edition. Just click "Add Ebook" during checkout.
For Information on Student Consumables Click Here